Tag Archive | Warlord

Command & Conquer: Warpstone Sun

Apparently ancient computer game names as post titles results in hits! Anyway…

Added the details onto the miniatures. Painted a design onto the Battle Standard, as well as added warpstone lights to the machines. I also made both the Warlords hand weapons look ‘magical’, using thin watered down layers of Emerald Green and Amethyst Purple.

This is the Warlord glued onto the War-Litter.

And the Warlord on foot, with his shield attached.

Advertisements

Command and conquer

Something fairly straight forward today.

Put the Mithril Silver and Khemri Brown layers onto the latest batch of miniatures I’m painting. A layer of Elf Flesh followed this.

Next comes the Emerald Green layer.

Ropes, belts and pouches were picked out in Snakebite Leather. A Devlan Mud wash was applied to the flesh areas, with a Bedab Black wash over everything else.

Then, a layer of Flesh wash to create rust, followed by a Dheneb Stone stone layer onto all the teeth, claws and bone items. Everything was topped off with highlights to the Khemri Brown areas, as well as the Emerald Green areas.

With this base level of application done I can begin to start work on the details.

Battle garbage

I picked this up for next to nothing the other week. It seemed like an excellent starting point for a War Litter.

Obviously the scale is vastly different between the Bren Gun Carrier kit and Warhammer, but I am banking on that difference. Here we have the entire kit, though I will only be using a handful of the parts in the War Litter conversion.

I started out by doing a ‘dry’ test. Obviously, if the model wouldn’t fit onto the required base size, then that was no good. But as I expected, the Bren Gun Carrier body sits well on a standard monster base.

So I cleaned the parts and glued them together.

I also attached the first lot of armoured plating. This Warlord miniature is the one I plan on attaching to the War Litter. He seems to have the right pose, and I will just have to fix up his weapons. Behind him I also plan on adding in some kind of driver. Or maybe a bulky, unstable looking power source. I am still not sure.

The List of Stuff That’s New

New haircut.

New Xbox 360 game, Transformers: War For Cybertron.

New Warlord, ready for painting.

New issue of Decay, the Australian horror magazine (check it out, if it is available near you).

What else is new? I’m sure there is something else…

Ah yes.

New edition of Warhammer.

My collectors edition actually arrived on Wednesday, but I only had the chance to go pick it up from the post office on Saturday. Needless to say, those few days were harrowing.

Flipped through the book, and my first impression is: I need to get another copy. This Collectors Edition is far too unwieldy for actual, proper use.

Once I have had a look through and digested the content, I’ll post up some thoughts.

Chip on the shoulder

Managed to squeeze some time in on the Warlord today. Greenstuffed his shoulders, as well as the rips on the chest. It is a little uneven, but I have to do one more layer over this one to get the right shape, so I am not quite so fussed.

I also decided to start adding in the addition parts, so when I do the next round of greenstuff I can start fixing up these bits as well. Glued the head on first.

Followed by the backpack and shoulder armour. The armour is from the Bretonnian Knight of the Realm box, with some imperfections added for detail.

I also added greenstuff to the join of the Warp-grinder. This simple conversion is very near completion.

The rat in charge

Today I decided to start working on a Warlord model. I want the Warlord to stand out a little, so I decided to base it around the Plague Priest body from the Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace box. I will have to clean the torso up with some green stuff and make it look a little less Pestilens. Since this is a Warlord, armour will also have to be added. For his arms I have the sword and left arms of an Empire Captain. These both seemed like they were armoured enough to do the job. This is all topped off with an armoured Packmaster head.

To make sure the concept was sound, I did a quick mock up using Blu-tac to hold the main pieces in place. It all looked about right. The left shoulder section of the torso is missing, so I will have to add that myself. This will mean that the arm can’t just attach directly to the torso.

I figure then that if I am going to be sculpting on sections of the shoulders, I should put as much framework in place as I can. So I drilled through the flat section of one shoulder straight through to the other. I also drilled out the two arms. Then I cut a piece of brass rod to attach them all too. After measuring, of course.

As you can see, when they are all glued on, the left arm sits out much farther from the left shoulder. Conversely, the right arm is shaped just right to snuggly fit into the space available.

This is a close up of the reverse side. More work will have to be done on the left shoulder, while the right will only require some minor filling. It may be that I end up adding some armour to the left shoulder to cut down on the scope of the sculpting needed.

You will also notice a small nodule I have cut into the back. This is where I will be attaching the backpack.

While I was preparing the rest of the pieces, I realised that there wasn’t enough tech on the model. So I have decided, at least initially, to add this spare Warlock Engineer backpack. I will see how adding the armour and sculpting the shoulders goes, and then look at adding a few more pieces of non-specific technology.